Over 100,000 times a teen has opted to attend an MPOWRD meeting for leadership and prevention.
About our program
MPOWRD is Dynamic:
Teens practice, experience and re-experience
- Protecting the integrity and fidelity of the MPOWRD program as developed though teen input and validated through research
- Educating youth about personal empowerment, positive behavioral changes, steps for healing, meeting personal challenges and outreach
- Providing program development through training and practicum which provide implementation and procedural strategies for meetings
SEL-Social Emotional Learning
Self-Awareness-honesty with self and others
Self-Management-developing personal vision within a positive future
Social-Awareness-learning to lead and to follow
Relationship Skills-unconditional peer support
Responsible Decision-Making-working through life challenges
RESTORATIVE PRACTICE IN ACTION
Meaningful responses to student infractions include:
- Opportunities to attend MPOWRD meetings for peer support
- Redefine projected behavior within positive discussion
- Develop positive peer relationships
- Continues transitional support through ongoing meetings
TRAUMA INFORMED PRACTICES FOR PRIMARY INTERVENTION
- Meeting students where they are at
- Treating the person as a unique person defined by personal experiences
- Providing protective factors by forming safe and lasting relationships
- Offers a part of a disposition when a Threat-Management is conducted
The Context of our Mission
The mission of MPOWRD is to empower all youth to believe in, to focus upon and to commit to positive personal success through our proven MPOWRD Leadership and Prevention program.
MPOWRD‘s Standards and Traditions
- MPOWRD is a nonprofit organization that will not be used for profiteering.
- Members will be welcome to meetings as long as each individual shows unconditional respect toward all participants.
- Members will never be charged any fee to attend a meeting.
- No one who participate may be identified to the public without permission of the parent and teen.
- Facilitators will be trained individuals who work with agencies requiring “clearance” and who support teen intervention & prevention.
- Confidentiality will be maintained unless there is any endangerment or threat involved.
- Members will be autonomous in terms of deciding upon their own Higher Power as long as it represents a positive symbol or ideal.
- Discrimination will not be tolerated. The MPOWRD program was created to serve teens. Teens and pre-teens can participate in 2B MPOWRD within middle school programs. Young adults (18-24) will be introduced to M-Squared.
Teens who created MPOWRD define addictive behavior as any habit that causes personal harm. It is a universal trait within humanity. No one is perfect. Teens work together to reach personal goals within peer-related unconditional support.
Teens join MPOWRD to address support for self and others. Teens choose to change habits such as: smoking, drinking, anger issues, putting oneself down, co-dependent relationships, drug use, eating disorders, co-dependency, social phobia, poor attendance, self-mutilation, bullying, etc.
Every teens is welcome to MPOWRD meetings. Teens only focus on the catalyst behind the decisions that they make. Their MPOWRD language enables them to discuss their choices without disclosing any specific action.
Objectives of MPOWRD meetings
- To provide members with a means to change any self-destructive behavior.
- To educate members about our empowerment program for prevention and intervention.
- To facilitate meetings where participants can offer peer support and unconditional acceptance.
- To generate a sense of awareness and honesty in terms of personal healing.
- To encourage members to seek personal gain through assessment and commitment to personal success.
- To offer participants a means to communicate both in the group and with parents/family.
- To discuss personal visions and strategies for developing those skills needed to attain achievement.
- To ensure that all members understand the significance that each person has in this world as well as the ability to find hope and peace of mind for personal happiness.